• Admin
    Ahsan created the topic: Calculate antenna gain from measured data.

I have measured antenna data and I want to analyze it using matlab. I have Etheta and Ephi values for a particular frequency. How can I calculate Gain of an antenna with the help of this data. Any ideas ??????
  • Admin
    VladVlad replied to the topic: Calculate antenna gain from measured data.

I think you can calculate first an antenna directivity D and full radiated power Prad using your far-field measured data. Next step is to estimate the power Pdeliv delivered from the source generator to the antenna input port. Pdeliv ~ Pgenerator - Ploss - Preflected. Then the antenna gain G =~ D*Prad/(Pgenerator - Ploss) where Ploss is the attenuation in all circuits between the antenna input and generator.

If you need more help send me email and check website <a href="http://emfieldbook.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">emfieldbook.com</a> Wing
  • Admin
    Microwaves101 replied to the topic: Calculate antenna gain from measured data.

This reply came from an actual antenna engineer, not some poseur like me...

"A common way to get gain from measured antenna data is to use the substitution method, i.e. using the exact same range setup, swap out the antenna under test with a standard gain horn and measure the horn antenna. You may need to measure multiple standard gain horn antennas to cover the frequency band of your antenna under test measurement.

Compare the raw measured amplitude of the SGH to the raw measured amplitude of the AUT and use the reference gain curve of the SGH to determine gain."

Hope that helps,
    Steve
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome!

Join the international conversation on a broad range of microwave and RF topics. Learn about the latest developments in our industry, post questions for your peers to answer, and weigh in with some answers if you can!