• jos
    What is/are some good sources for Passive Intermodulation to bridge the gaps in the RF world for better clarity and understanding? Like something with a lot of information, Large book etc? Easy to understand? This regards EMI and IM/PIM integrated Antennas...
    Thanks, and if the question I am asking is not clear lets refine that from my unknowing.
  • SM4RZW
    Jos, I've never seen a written source with all needed information cooked down.
    As this doc linked below describes, the way of working is, follow guidelines created by eariler mistakes, and hope for the best ;)
    The theroy is easy; avoid all parts and connections that can behave nonlinear at high RF power. High contact pressure, silver against silver, no magnetic materials, no oxides and so on.
    Some parts are easily understandable, like that red copper oxide has semiconducting properties and was actually used in recifiers. The "rusty bolt effect" is also well known in medium-wave transmitter installations. But there seems to be other, not so good known mechanisms as well, more subtile.

The doc is in english, but the file name is in swedish.
    It is published by the Swedish space authority, and the file name is ( translated): characterization of passiv intermodulation in space communication antennas.

https://www.rymdstyrelsen.se/contentassets/de067a79466749efa22b953340e47293/10.-karakterisering-av-passiv-intermodulation-i-rymdkommunikationsantenner.pdf
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome!

Join the international conversation on a broad range of microwave and RF topics. Learn about the latest developments in our industry, post questions for your peers to answer, and weigh in with some answers if you can!