• N2HMM
    Hello,

I'm reaching out to the uW world who might be able to identify this tube (see attached). This came out of a 30 year old 2304 transverter setup that was used for VHF contesting. There are no identification marks on this tube and I have no schematic or drawings.

I believe it's a Western Electric Microwave Tube maybe used in the TD-2 uW generator but I'm not sure.

The power connector is a four pin DIN microphone type connector. No precautions were taken for things such as arcing so it has to be a low voltage tube. Another item of interest is there was a solid state 2304 driver circuit that puts out ~0.5W that was connected to the input of the tube. It certainly wasn't an LO driver as there was a transverter from SHF System (vintage 1992) inside this very heavy chassis.

What stumps me too is the three tuning knobs on the tube. At first I thought it was a uW oscillator but not with a 0.5W driver.

I was told long ago that it put out ~5W of RF power. But without schematics or diagrams I'll never be able to wire this up (without potential damage) and test it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

John
    N2HMM
    Attachment
    uW tube (396K)
  • UnknownEditor
    Note to readers... you need to log in to see the photo!

Steve
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome!

Join the international conversation on a broad range of microwave and RF topics. Learn about the latest developments in our industry, post questions for your peers to answer, and weigh in with some answers if you can!